Tuesday, November 24, 2009

We are still alive...Happy Fall!

To those of you who keep asking, "Where are the new photos?" I apologize. It seems it took a bit longer to get settled in our new home than I expected. In addition, this fall we have gotten more serious about homeschooling and that has taken way more effort than I anticipated. It is wonderful but my days are definitely busier. We love our new home. Zack loves his new job. The kids are enjoying riding bikes and have become real North westerners. The rain doesn't bother them a bit. They are playing outside nearly every day.

Instead of trying to start where I left off I decided to skip a head and give you a glimpse of our life here in the rainy northwest. Yes, it really is rainy. I really don't remember it raining this much when I lived in Seattle. But we are in the right place any enjoying making new friends. During one of the dry days (less wet days, rather) we managed to take a hike at Mt. Rainier.

After hiking for about 45 minutes everyone voted for snack time. We pulled out our lunch and had a picnic near the look out for the Nisqually Glacier (which we couldn't actually see because it was cloudy). But it was still beautiful!

This is another look out of the terminus of the Nisqually glacier.

Ash and the beautiful NW mountains!

Alex and his raincoat which never got use in Colorado.

When Gran and Papa came to visit it was Harbor Days in Olympia, We took them on a short cruise of the sound. Everyone really enjoyed it. This was taken on deck.

At Harbor Days they had the ship that was used in Pirates of the Caribbean. The kids loved being on a "Pirate Ship" which was really a replica of a ship used during Revolutionary times.

Family shot on board.

Getting a pumpkin here was a bit of a muddier experience than we are used to. I had to wash everyone's shoes when we got home. Everyone insisted on getting their own. Amber's was the biggest. We never did get around to carving them.

Here is our scary alligator. He packs a pretty mean "ROAR!"

For Halloween this year, in addition to the alligator, we had Spiderman, a Bride, and a Pink, flying unicorn.


That's it for now. I need to get dinner cooking. We love and miss you all!
Alida

4 comments:

Jill said...

I can't believe how old the kids look! I'm glad you're settling down. So how is the homeschooling?
Miss ya!

Kelli said...

Fun to see the update. I've been wondering how the move went. I want to come for a visit real soon while I'm off call. I'll send you an email.

James said...

Hi Alida, it was fun to see some more pictures. We are moving to Redmond, WA this next week. I start a new job at Microsoft. I had to laugh about your rain comments because we are heading back over to the rainy side too... hopefully we'll adjust.

Fiona said...

Thanks for the update! You are a hero for homeschooling. Well done. Your kids are beautiful. Are you living in the house you bought oh so many years ago?